Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A Series of Unfortunate Events (Compared to the Harry Potter Books)


I recently finished the second "A Series of Unfortunate Events" books. It is called"The Reptile Room,"and is very similar to Harry Potter.For example, both of the books have very clever children of all ages, and they all go through some extremely tough experiences.


To see this image in full size click here.


to see this image in full size click here.

Also both of the main characters have someone who wants a possession of their's, but for different reasons.



But there is one difference. One book is realistic fiction and the other is just fiction. That's because all the things that happen in "A Series of Unfortunate Events"can be done in real life. But Harry Potter is fiction because you can't walk through walls or do magic with a stick called a wand.

Were you afraid or scared of the pictures?

Do you think you might read one of the books?

Have you read any of these books?

Can you think of any other differences or similarities I missed?

3 comments:

Nick said...

Dear Ben,

I really like this post that you posted! :) No I have not read one of these books but they look really interesting. I was really not scared of the photos you took but they look really good on you blog. I don't know the difference beetween Harry Potter and this book.

Sincerely,
Nick

Anonymous said...

Dear Ben,

Your post is a very good one in my opinion. To anwser one of your questions yes I have read one of the books,and that book is Harry Potter. I have not read the series of Unfortunate Events,but I might try the books out.

Which book did you find most interesting?

Your friend,
Kendall

Unknown said...

Dear Ben,

It was great to see you on Skype this morning!

Your blog is excellent! It sounds like you have many interests!

Is Lucy the St Bernard your dog? She is gorgeous!

From your friend,
Miss McGeady in Australia